When organs placed in the abdomen are beginning to move in the femoral Canal, and headed towards the groin or thighs-we can talk about a suspected femoral hernia or inguinal. Especially exposed to the diagnosis of femoral hernia are women after deliveries. The femoral Canal is already slightly expanded. The same happens after 65. year of life, when it comes to muscle weakness.
If, on the other hand, talking about the other type of hernia, or przepuklinie beads, in this case a greater risk of developing face are men (4-5% of the population). What's more, inguinal hernia are some of the most common disorders of this type.
How to recognize a herniated femur or pachwinową? Manifested chronic pain located at the height of the groin or upper thigh.
Usually observed the formation of inguinal hernia on the right side of the body.
There are two types:
- Oblique hernia-inborn or acquired. To the development of congenital hernias occur when the outgrowth of a vaginal peritoneum there Salix cinerea seeds on. Variation of the acquired is not associated with wyrostkiem. There are a couple of its types:
- If the bag przepuklinowy gets into the ring pachwinowym superficial towards the scrotum-can lead to hernia mosznowej,
- ześlizgowa hernia-diagnosed especially in children and young people, is characterized by an unusual construction of the walls of the hernial SAC bag. The nature of the wall is given to or jelitu the heavy, or pęcherzowi moczowemu. It is so dangerous, that the risk of entrapment is even 1/5.
- Hernia-has a different process than the first, does not direct to the inguinal Canal, while Gates is the triangle Hasselbacha. This kind of characteristic is primarily for older men, however, it is worth mentioning that it is a lot less dangerous than the oblique hernia. Is not quite as high risk dangerous entrapment.
Sometimes what happens is that it occurs in both forms at once. In this case we are dealing with. pantaloon hernia.
How to create a hernia?
When the abdominal wall become less durable and lose their previous strength, organ located in the abdomen may begin to move beyond. At a time when access to the femoral Canal, and further – to succeed, we have to deal with an femur, and if to the groin-pachwinową. Anatomy of a hernia consists of the gate (for example. deep inguinal ring or transverse fascia) and holes, which goes the bag of the abdominal cavity.
The hernia may be a condition of both the innate – being diagnosed, already at the stage of fetal life, and acquired. Congenital hernia is formed in the three-month fetuses, because just then is an outgrowth of a vaginal peritoneum, in the direction of the inguinal Canal. More or less at 20 weeks of age comes to the tricuspid atresia. However, if this is not successful, can lead to the creation of a slant of inguinal hernia.
When it comes to the reasons for the formation of inguinal hernias, it still does not have one by the end of the specified. It is assumed that the inguinal and femoral hernias can occur in aqueous solutions-duct, are weaker. Another cause may be potential problems with the connective tissue, caused by an increase in synthesis of collagen type III.
How to recognize a herniated?
One of the first signs of femoral hernia or inguinal pain located in the groin or upper thigh, in men, radiating towards the testicles. Discomfort is growing, when the patient is grown sport, coughs or flushes – that is, when the pressure inside the abdomen. What's more, in this case on the thigh, you may notice a small, hard lump with a diameter of up to a few centimeters. Sometimes, however, it happens that the hernia develops no symptoms. Ill never notice any changes in the legs or groin, because its size is sufficiently large. This is especially so in the case of patients suffering from obesity or overweight.
Treatment of hernia
If the hernia is diagnosed in its early stages of development, there is a very high probability that no problem can once again direct the bag to the inside of the abdominal cavity. However, if you do not react in time, it may be too late for this type of treatment practices.
There are 3 ways of treatment of hernias:
- The use of belt hernial SAC, which, however, does not guarantee the full effectiveness of the – so it is not often practiced.
- Surgical treatment is a classic. Consists of performing incisions at sizes of up to 10 cm in the groin. The doctor enters the Interior of the grid, which is intended to repair the defect. The treatment shall be carried out with local anaesthesia or subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Laparoscopy femoral hernia or inguinal-in place of the emergence of introduces the laparoscope, which gives a picture of the Interior. After seeing the failure is admitted the right tools, which allow you to remove the hernia. In this case executes up to 4 notches, however, their length should not exceed 5 mm. This is performed with the patient general anesthesia.
In the case of inguinal and femoral hernia uwięźniętej treatment looks very similar. You need to as soon as possible, carried out the operation, usually a beznapięciowa-which involves the closure of the defect together with artificial material. However, more and more frequently performed laparoscopic treatments, thanks to which it is possible to operate the intra-abdominal.
Laparoscopy inguinal and femoral hernia
There is a high degree of probability, that an experienced surgeon will take a laparoscopic surgery to remove the femoral hernia or inguinal depending on the diagnosis. In public facilities relatively rarely performs this type of surgery, mainly because of its high cost, and hence the growing debt. That's why patients often subject to this treatment in private clinics.
How to prepare for femoral hernia laparoscopy or inguinal? In the first place, it will be necessary to carry out investigation, to fully resolve, and then qualify for this treatment. Your doctor should conduct a comprehensive interview with the patient, and sometimes also perform additional tests physical examination, on the basis of which puts on the diagnosis. When you cough the tumor should highlight in the surface of the skin, as a result of the pressure inside the abdomen. In this case, your doctor may enter finger scrotum up into the inguinal Canal, in order to examine the structures, assess the magnitude the inguinal ring and feel the hernia. In the case of obese people, the diagnosis is more difficult. If the patient complains of unusual discomfort, have to carry out ultrasound groin area or CT scan. Based on the above research determines whether we are dealing with a simple hernia can angled, and then-candidate to the operation.
Before the laparoscopy femoral hernia or inguinal, performs the following tests:
- check the electrolyte levels,
- check the concentration of urea and creatinine,
- the parameters of coagulation,
- urine test,
- HBC level indicator and HCV,
- ECG and chest x-ray.
Before surgery, the patient is obliged to adhere to the strict diet. For more or less 6 hours from laparoscopy should not take any meals. For about two weeks before surgery, of course, after prior consultation with a specialist, you will have to stop taking such drugs, as:
- Vitamin E,
- measures that cause blood clotting disorder.
Additionally, you must thoroughly wash the place where will be made the cut. Before the operation the doctor can remove hair from that part of the body of the patient.
Doctors typically perform two types of inguinal hernia laparoscopy or femoral:
- TEP-with przedotrzewnowym,
- TAPP-with przezbrzusznym.
In both cases, the use of grid created from a special material.
Right after the surgery, the patient must be transported to the recovery room, waiting for the full it will wake up. General anesthesia can produce side effects in the form of nausea or vomiting, it is therefore necessary to be under observation for a few hours – up to a maximum of one day, in the absence of additional complications.
The first day is the time when the patient is not given oral foods. The next day after surgery specialist controls the Postoperative wound and the patient may be discharged from the hospital.
After previous surgery hernia recovery are needed, lasting up to 2 months. Only she can provide the best results, because by the time it is worth to refrain from any effort, and even work. Additionally, you must absolutely cease to lug around, preferably for a month after the surgery. It is necessary to maintain proper hygiene in the wound, and hence the daily changing the dressing, along with odkażeniem. After about 1-2 weeks after the surgery is indicated for the control visit to a doctor who will assess the effect of the treatment, as well as, if necessary-will remove the stitches. Regular marches and walking can contribute to a faster return to full physical activity.
The complications of
For suspected any kind of hernia there is a need for immediate medical consultation. Otherwise, this may lead to a number of dangerous for life and health consequences. One of them is the hernia are impacted, specific to older women. In this case, the bag of przepuklinowy advances. If in the middle are the intestine obstruction may occur, and subsequently necrosis or przedziurawień. If the operation is performed in time, the patient's life may be seriously affected.
If you performed laparoscopy femoral hernia or inguinal, and you will apply to your doctor's instructions, should not result in any complications. What's more, a person much more quickly back to full physical activity, and should not feel large post-operative pain.